1. Hormonal imbalance due to PCOD or insulin resistance
2. Increased friction between thighs due to obesity
4. Rarely due to a skin condition called acanthosis nigrans.
The best way to address this problem is to have a holistic health check with a medical practioners to rule out hormonal imbalance and addressing it.There are a number of way it could be minimised.
1. Lemon is a natural bleach,try rubbing a half a lemon on the inner thighs 15 minutes before bath.
2. Apply generous moisturisers like a vitamin E based one or cocoa butter after bath.
3. Try exfoliating the inner thigh area with a home made exfoliater like rice and sugar scrub or lemon,yoghurt scrub once a week,
Rice and sugar scrub: Mix together 2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and olive oil with sugar and rice flour( one teaspoon each) rub it on the inner thigh area and wash it after 15 minutes.
Lemon,yoghurt scrub: Mix together a teaspoon of lemon,yoghurt and oatmeal mix ,apply on your inner thighs and wash after 15 minutes.
6. You could also use soft scrubs like apricot scrub or diamond scrub available in shops.
7. Trying a Turkish hammam bath once a month is a luxury problem.
8.Papaya is known to have amazing whitening properties and it is for this reason why you can opt for using papaya soaps. These are rather inexpensive and you can easily get it at any pharmacies, groceries, or health and beauty sections in the department stores or malls. Word to the wise, use the one that says green papaya on it as the green ones re known to have stronger enzymes that can make your skin whiter faster.
9. Finally, here is the most effective and easiest technique that can instantly make your inner thighs whiter. Just combine a glass of milk and three tablespoons of honey. Mix thoroughly and soak a clean cloth or towel on this solution. Put it over the affected area for a couple of minutes. Repeat whenever necessary.